Tired of having to remember and manually enter extension numbers when dialing from your smart phone? It is possible now to have your cell phone automatically dial extension numbers for you. Follow the steps below (for your operating system) to modify your contacts to include extension numbers.
Instructions for Android Phones
- Open Contacts on your phone, then find the contact you’d like to modify.
- Tap the person’s name. On the Phone app, the contact information will slide into view. On the Contacts app, the contact information page displays.
- Tap the Pencil icon within the specified contact.
- Tap the phone number field and place the cursor at the end of said phone number.
- Insert a single comma to the right of the phone number.
- After the comma, without leaving a space, type the extension number for the contact. For example, if the number is 2143794200 and the extension number is 900, the complete number is 2143794200,900.
- Save the modified contact.
Instructions for iPhone
- Open your contacts and then tap Edit.
- Tap the pertinent phone number type to add or modify the entry.
- When you reach the end of the phone number, tap the +*# button (located in the lower-left corner).
- New options will now be visible. Place cursor at the end of the phone number (with no space after the phone number) and then tap Pause. You’ll see a comma appear.
- Finish entering the extension number after the comma.
- Tap Done to save these changes.
If you run into issues and need assistance, feel free to contact the support desk.